Confessions of a Pizzaholic

In the interest of total honesty I must admit that my obsessions include most every food in the bread family. you remember the bread family don't you? It's part of the food pyramid that Dr. Atkins decimated some years back.

I just returned from Europe and I've got to say that I don't think I'll be able to eat typical American bread for several weeks. In Europe the bread that is served each day was baked that very morning. In the USA the bread that we eat was grown in a lab with several tasty artificial flavors and preservatives, then it's bagged so it can sit on the store shelf and later in the kitchen for weeks. Yuck!

The good new is it doesn't have to be that way.

All over America (and Canadia) people are returning to the old artisan craft of bread baking in wood0fired ovens.

This blog is dedicated to my love of wood-fired ovens and most every thing that emerges from them. I'll use this blog to post interesting articles and links to sites that I feel are worth while, and if all goes well I may even get around to building an oven too!

No comments:

Post a Comment